HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Derechos Human Rights in Sri Lanka.
- Human Rights Watch Sri Lanka.
- TamilCanadian TamilCanadian was designed to provide information about the culture and history of the Tamil people from the island of Sri Lanka (Ceylon), specifically in regard to those Tamil's who are currently living abroad in Canada. The culture and history of the Tamil people of Eelam has a history traced back many thousands of years, and provides a wealth of knowledge steeped in ancient tradition and religion. Unfortunately due to the ongoing genocide perpetrated by the Sri Lankan government, the Tamil culture is on the verge of being destroyed. Our humble attempt is to broadcast to the world our struggle to preserve and save our culture from the Sri Lankan government's campaign of genocide against the Tamil people.
- The University Teachers for Human Rights The University Teachers for Human Rights (Jaffna) (UTHR(J)) was formed in 1988 at the University of Jaffna, as part of the national organisation University Teachers for Human Rights. Its public activities as a constituent part of university life came to a standstill following the murder of Dr. Rajani Thiranagama, a key founding member, on 21st September 1989. During the course of 1990 the others who identified openly with the UTHR(J) were forced to leave Jaffna. It continues to function as an organisation upholding the founding spirit of the UTHR(J) with it original aims: to challenge the external and internal terror engulfing the Tamil community as a whole through making the perpetrators accountable, and to create space for humanising the social & political spheres relating to the life of our community. The UTHR(J) is not at present functioning in the University of Jaffna in the manner it did in its early life for reasons well understood.
- Sri Lanka People and Ethnic Groups
- Sri Lanka's Veddas or Wanniyalaeto Sri Lanka's indigenous inhabitants, the Veddas -- or Wanniya-laeto ('forest-dwellers') as they call themselves -- preserve a direct line of descent from the island's original Neolithic community dating from at least 16,000 BC and probably far earlier according to current scientific opinion.
- Idealist Organizations in Sri Lanka. Idealist allows organizations - whether they have a Website or not - to enter and update information about their services, volunteer opportunities, job openings, internships, upcoming events, and any material or publication they have produced.
- Sarvodaya Our mission is the personal and social awakening of the individual, the family, the community, the national and (ultimately) global societies. In order to achieve the total fulfillment of these levels, there has to be balanced progress which considers the spiritual, moral, cultural, social, economic and political dimensions an integrated approach.