ANTI RACISM/ANTI FASCISM ¤ HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES
GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
Anti Racism/Anti Fascism
- Amnesty International Portugal
- Conselho Português para os refugiados Constituído em 20 de Setembro de 1991, o Conselho Português para os Refugiados (CPR) é uma Organização não Governamental (ONG) sem fins lucrativos, independente e pluralista, inspirada numa cultura humanista de tolerância e respeito pela dignidade dos outros povos.
O seu objectivo principal é promover, através de análises, trabalhos e trocas de informações, uma política de asilo humana e liberal, a nível nacional e internacional.
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- Idealist Organizations in Portugal. Idealist allows organizations - whether they have a Website or not - to enter and update information about their services, volunteer opportunities, job openings, internships, upcoming events, and any material or publication they have produced.
- INDE - Intercooperacao e Desenvolvimento é a concretização de um objectivo e de um projecto: melhorar e promover a intercooperação, concebida como um instrumento privilegiado ao serviço do desenvolvimento equilibrado e durável, quer a nível local quer a nível internacional.
INDE aims to support local development projects, both in Europe (mainly in Portugal) and in Southern countries. Technical assistance, support to local community empowerment, support for fund raising, publishing and communication are the main ways of working
- ECMI The European Centre for Minority Issues is a non-partisan, bi-national institution founded in 1996 by the Governments of the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, and the German State of Schleswig-Holstein. The three founders are represented by the Danish Ministry of Research and Information Technology, the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, and the Schleswig-Holstein Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Cultural Affairs.
- European Network Against Racism to combat racism from all the EU Member States
- The Migration Policy Group MPG was established as an independent, not for profit organisation based in Brussels. MPG is committed to improving policy development on migration and related issues through the promotion of facilitated exchange between key stakeholders in Europe, North America and the international community, and through the production of substantive, comparative policy analysis. MPG bases its activities on the belief that high-level discussion and debate within and between countries among representatives of all sectors of society - public, private, and business - can contribute to the identification and implementation of innovative and effective solutions to the challenges posed by migration.
- European Federation for Intercultural Learning
- European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia The primary task of the Centre is to provide the EU Community and its Member States with objective, reliable and comparable data at European level on the phenomena of racism, xenophobia an anti-Semitism in order to help them when they take measures or formulate courses of action within their respectives spheres of competence. The Centre studies the extent and development of the phenomena and manifestations of racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism, analyses their causes, consequences and effects and examines examples of good practice in dealing with them.
- Education without prejudice.A site about Diversity in Early Childhood, Education and Training. This site wants to help create a European network on anti-bias education in the early years.
It contains background information, events, training resources and discussion groups. Belgium and other countries.
- United for Intercultural Action European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
- Youth Against Racism in Europe
- ECRI The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna in October 1993.
- EWL/LEF. The European Women's Lobby is the largest co-ordinating body of national and European non-governmental women's organisations in the European Union, with over 2,700 member associations in the 15 Member States.
Le Lobby européen des femmes est la plus grande coalition de femmes de l'Union européenne. Il est composé d'organisations féminines nationales des 15 Etats membres et d'organisations européennes. Le LEF compte actuellement plus de 2700 membres.
- Tolerantschools – a European network
The EU-financed project "Tolerantschools – a European network" by offering an own internet and communication platform enables the presentation of innovative European projects and initiatives, the exchange of experiences of its actors, their networking and co-operation, the quest for suitable project partners and the further development of pedagogical methods. The project is coordinated by the DGB-Bildungswerk Berlin-Brandenburg/Germany.