INDIGENOUS RESOURCES ¤ HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES
DISABILITY RESOURCES ¤ GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES ¤ WOMEN ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Te Puna Web Directory Te Puna Web Directory is the National Library of New Zealandâ€™s redevelopment of Lincoln University's directory of Internet-accessible New Zealand information sources "Ara Nui - Many paths to Aotearoa/New Zealand information" " and since 2001 incorporates University of Auckland Library's NgÄ Matatiki Rorohiko - MÄori electronic resources.
- Maori Organizations of New Zealand.
- Nga Upoko Tukutuku / Maori Subject Headings Nga Upoko Tukutuku has been developed as part of the Maori Subject Headings Project jointly sponsored by LIANZA, Te Te Ropu Whakahau and the National Library of New Zealand.
The purpose is to provide a structured path to subjects that Maori customers can relate to and use to find material in libraries. It is not intended to be used as a dictionary. It has been developed so that cataloguers and descriptive archivists have a reliable and comprehensive resource to use when describing material either in or about Maori. It will be used by the National Library of New Zealand to enhance its service to Maori library users. However it should not be seen as authoritative beyond its intended purpose for use in libraries and archives.
- Amnesty International New Zealand.
- Human Rights Organisation New Zealand. has been set up to educate and inform New Zealanders about human rights.Apart from issues of discrimination most members of the public do not realise the rights they have, nor how to ensure their rights are not violated. The New Zealand Government is keen to exempt itself from completing a review of all domestic legislation that violates our human rights commitments.Currently we are looking at providing an alternative report to the Committee on the Rights of the Child when our government's report is due in the year 2000.
- Peace Movement Aotearoa New Zealand is the national networking organisation for those concerned about peace and related issues in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
- National Assembly of People with Disabilities New Zealand DPA is an umbrella organisation representing people with disabilities, the organisations involved in advocacy on their behalf, and service providers. As a national assembly encompassing people with all types of disabilities - physical, sensory, intellectual, psychiatric, neurological and age related - DPA is the voice of people with disabilities in New Zealand.
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- Gay New Zealand
- QRA The online guide to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities in New Zealand.
- North Shore Women's Centre North Shore Women's Centre is a feminist agency. As a feminist agency we focus our attention on women as autonomous, self-determining, inter-dependent human beings within our families, work, cultures and communities.
- Idealist Organizations in New Zealand. Idealist allows organizations - whether they have a Website or not - to enter and update information about their services, volunteer opportunities, job openings, internships, upcoming events, and any material or publication they have produced.