HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES ¤ GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Amnesty International Malta Group
AI Malta Group represents Amnesty International's values and principles in the tiny Maltese archipelago. Please browse around to learn more about our cause and how you can contribute to promoting human rights.
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- Gay Malta
Information about the gay scene in Malta, tourist information and advice for people who are coming out.
- Malta Gay Rights Movement
The M.G.R.M. serves as a voice for the Maltese gay community and is dedicated to lobbying for gay rights and fighting against discrimination and oppression. Its priorities are to set up the helpline, provide counselling services, legal aid and representation, and eventually a hospice. This takes time, hard work, dedication and lots of funds. The events that have been organised, are for all the gay community and gay friendly people, therefore the movement depends on your support alone to make these events a success, raise funds and show the world we make a difference.
Organizations in Malta. Idealist allows organizations - whether they have a Website or not - to enter and update information about their services, volunteer opportunities, job openings, internships, upcoming events, and any material or publication they have produced.
- ECMI The European Centre for Minority Issues is a non-partisan, bi-national institution founded in 1996 by the Governments of the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, and the German State of Schleswig-Holstein. The three founders are represented by the Danish Ministry of Research and Information Technology, the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, and the Schleswig-Holstein Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Cultural Affairs.
- The Euro-Med Youth Platform
Young people & youth organisations in the Euro-Mediterrenean region.
The Platform aims at bringing young people from the region together in an environment of tolerance and mutual understanding, facilitating networking between us, assisting in the capacity building of our organisations, increasing our participation, sharing of relevant information, and exchanging good practice.
Our objectives are the nurturing of democracy and its established instruments, and fostering mutual understanding as well as improvement in the issues of racism, gender equality and minority rights.
- European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia The primary task of the Centre is to provide the EU Community and its Member States with objective, reliable and comparable data at European level on the phenomena of racism, xenophobia an anti-Semitism in order to help them when they take measures or formulate courses of action within their respectives spheres of competence. The Centre studies the extent and development of the phenomena and manifestations of racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism, analyses their causes, consequences and effects and examines examples of good practice in dealing with them.
- United for Intercultural Action.
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support
of migrants and refugees.
- Youth Against Racism in Europe
- European Network Against Racism to combat racism from all the EU Member States
- The Migration Policy Group MPG was established as an independent, not for profit organisation based in Brussels. MPG is committed to improving policy development on migration and related issues through the promotion of facilitated exchange between key stakeholders in Europe, North America and the international community, and through the production of substantive, comparative policy analysis. MPG bases its activities on the belief that high-level discussion and debate within and between countries among representatives of all sectors of society - public, private, and business - can contribute to the identification and implementation of innovative and effective solutions to the challenges posed by migration.
- European Federation for Intercultural Learning
- Education without prejudice.A site about Diversity in Early Childhood, Education and Training. This site wants to help create a European network on anti-bias education in the early years.
It contains background information, events, training resources and discussion groups. Belgium and other countries.
- ECRI The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna in October 1993.
- EWL/LEF. The European Women's Lobby is the largest co-ordinating body of national and European non-governmental women's organisations in the European Union, with over 2,700 member associations in the 15 Member States.
Le Lobby européen des femmes est la plus grande coalition de femmes de l'Union européenne. Il est composé d'organisations féminines nationales des 15 Etats membres et d'organisations européennes. Le LEF compte actuellement plus de 2700 membres.
- Tolerantschools – a European network
The EU-financed project "Tolerantschools – a European network" by offering an own internet and communication platform enables the presentation of innovative European projects and initiatives, the exchange of experiences of its actors, their networking and co-operation, the quest for suitable project partners and the further development of pedagogical methods. The project is coordinated by the DGB-Bildungswerk Berlin-Brandenburg/Germany.