MIGRANTS/DIVERSITY ¤ ANTISEMITISM/SHOAH
ROMA, SINTI & TRAVELLERS ¤ HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES
WOMEN ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Baladna is an Arab youth organization founded to give Arab youth in Israel a non-partisan, comfortable forum for youth activities and informal education, centering on a discussion of identity. A registered non-profit organization, Baladna aims to strengthen Arab youth's understanding of democracy and gender equality, to foster pluralism and tolerance, and to enable a discussion and debate about Arab Palestinian history, grievances and culture.
- SICSA The Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- The Stephen Roth Institute for the Study of Contemporary Anti-Semitism and Racism at Tel Aviv University began operating as the Project for the Study of Anti-Semitism in fall 1991. It is housed in the Wiener Library, which contains one of the largest collections of anti-Semitic, Nazi and extremist literature in the world.
- Teaching the Holocaust through Stamps. An interdisciplinary computerized program through the use of stamps, pictures, text and paintings by Holocaust children.
- Moreshet Moreshet was established in the early1960s, as a center for collecting the testimonies of
concentration camp survivors and resistance fighters from the Ghettos who found hiding in the
forests of Europe. Since its modest beginning, Moreshet has developed into a leading research institute and resource center for the study of the Holocaust.
- Ghetto Fighters' House Holocaust and Jewish Resistance Heritage Museum
- Massuah the Institute for the Study of the Holocaust, was established as a non-profit organization in the 1960's at Kibbutz Tel-Itzhak by members of the Zionist youth movements "Hanoar Hazioni" and "Akiva", who sought to establish an institution that would stimulate interest in the Holocaust among young people, students and educators from Israel and around the world.
Roma, Sinti and Travellers sites
- Adalah The Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel. Adalah (Justice) is the first non-profit, non-sectarian Arab-run legal center in Israel. Established in 1996, Adalah serves the Arab community nationwide, close to 20% of Israel's population. Adalah's legal work draws on Israeli law, comparative constitutional law, and international human rights standards. The main goal of Adalah is to achieve equal rights and minority rights protections for Arab citizens of Israel in the fields of Land and Housing Rights, Education Rights, Employment Rights, Language Rights, Political Rights, Women's Rights, Prisoner's Rights, Culture Rights, and Religious Rights.
- Amnesty International Israel.
- B'Tselem Israeli organization that monitors and documents human rights violations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Derechos Human Rights in Israel.
- Directory of Palestinian and Israel Human Rights Groups. By Ariga
- The Hofesh web site was conceived and created by secular Jews with clearly defined goals: To speak up for individual freedom in everything related to faith and religious worship, to end all forms of religious coercion, to separate religion and State, and to promote the recognition of secular Jewish identity. Our secondary goals are to expose the damage of some religious activities, such as the conversion of secular youth to religion by pressing them to repent, the smearing of the secular population and its leaders by religious newspapers, and the attempts by the religious sector to take control over our life and our institutions.
- Physicians for Human Rights-Israel is a non-profit, voluntary organization, whose mission is to secure the right of all individuals to equal access to health care services regardless of political, national, religious, gender or socio-economic considerations.
PHR was founded in 1988 at the height of the Intifada by Israeli and Palestinian physicians who realized that the issue of human rights and medical care are integral parts of the same
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- the Aguda
the Association of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexuals and Transgenders in Israel
- Bat Shalom is a feminist peace organization of Israeli women. We work toward a just peace between Israel and its Arab neighbors that includes recognition of a Palestinian state side-by-side with Israel and Jerusalem as the capital of both. Within Israel, Bat Shalom works toward a more just and democratic society shaped equally by men and women.
- KIDMA The Project for Advancement of Women in Israel. KIDMA was established in order to provide women from all sectors of Israeli society opportunity, information and access to subjects that can help them advance personally, professionally, financially and socially.
- The Euro-Med Youth Platform
Young people & youth organisations in the Euro-Mediterrenean region.
The Platform aims at bringing young people from the region together in an environment of tolerance and mutual understanding, facilitating networking between us, assisting in the capacity building of our organisations, increasing our participation, sharing of relevant information, and exchanging good practice.
Our objectives are the nurturing of democracy and its established instruments, and fostering mutual understanding as well as improvement in the issues of racism, gender equality and minority rights.