HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Derechos Human Rights in Egypt.
- Egyptian Organization for Human Rights EOHR monitors the human rights situation in Egypt and defends the rights of Egyptian citizens against human rights violations regardless of the identity or the affiliation of the victim(s) or of the violator(s). It acts against both governmental and non-governmental human rights violations. EOHR reports human rights violations and tries to create a strong popular understanding and support for human rights principles. EOHR urges the authorities to revise all laws that are not in line with international human rights standards and calls upon the government to stop all practices that disregard Egypt's international commitments as a state party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and other international human rights instruments. EOHR also tries to encourage national and international civil institutions to take steps to stop human rights abuses.
- Arab World. The online resource for the Arab world in the Middle East & North Africa. Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen.
- Africa News Online. an electronic network handling the distribution of reporting from more than 40 African news organizations, provides a showcase for journalism from across the African continent.
- The Euro-Med Youth Platform
Young people & youth organisations in the Euro-Mediterrenean region.
The Platform aims at bringing young people from the region together in an environment of tolerance and mutual understanding, facilitating networking between us, assisting in the capacity building of our organisations, increasing our participation, sharing of relevant information, and exchanging good practice.
Our objectives are the nurturing of democracy and its established instruments, and fostering mutual understanding as well as improvement in the issues of racism, gender equality and minority rights.