ANTI RACISM/ANTI FASCISM ¤ HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES ¤ GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
Anti Racism/Anti Fascism
KISA’s overall long-term objective is the creation of a multicultural society, where there is equality of all persons, irrespective of nationality, race or ethnic origin, colour, creed, gender, sexual or any other orientation, background or characteristic.
KISA’s activities focus on two general directions:
1. Sensitisation of the Cypriot society about social discrimination and racism, the benefits of a multicultural society and reform of the immigration and asylum framework in Cyprus, through campaigns, conferences, cultural events, provision of information, publications and lobbying the authorities.
2. Operation of Support Centres providing free legal and social services, guidance and advice to migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, in order to enable them to claim their rights and facilitate their integration and full participation in society.
- Migrants Against Racism & Discrimination in Cyprus
Migrants Against Racism & Discrimination in Cyprus stand for unity and hope. Our vision is one of peaceful co-existence and assimilated society in Cyprus. Together we want to build a Cyprus of tolerance and equality, a Cyprus of respect and perspectives.
mavre.eu will provide updates on articles and news related to racism, xenophobia and discrimination against migrants (but not limited to) in Cyprus.
The Mavre Forum will act as a common virtual platform for migrants, pro-migrants and anyone who is interested. We hope the forum will be used in a good way to discuss several racism related issues, share racism related incidents, suggest others a good read, inform about events and so on.
- The Human Rights and Education network
Non Governmental Organization in Cyprus, which is in close cooperation with a large Network of individuals and organizations working on Civil Society, NGOs, Human Rights, Multiculturalism and Education at local, European and international level.
- The Pancyprian Association for the Protection of Human Rights
The Association's main objective is the protection and promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the Republic of Cyprus and the contribution towards safeguarding human rights and fundamental freedoms worldwide.
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- Gay Cyprus
Dedicated to the liberation of gays, lesbians and bisexuals of Cyprus.
The European Centre for Minority Issues is a non-partisan, bi-national institution founded in 1996 by the Governments of the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, and the German State of Schleswig-Holstein. The three founders are represented by the Danish Ministry of Research and Information Technology, the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, and the Schleswig-Holstein Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Cultural Affairs.
- The Euro-Med Youth Platform
Young people & youth organisations in the Euro-Mediterrenean region.
The Platform aims at bringing young people from the region together in an environment of tolerance and mutual understanding, facilitating networking between us, assisting in the capacity building of our organisations, increasing our participation, sharing of relevant information, and exchanging good practice.
Our objectives are the nurturing of democracy and its established instruments, and fostering mutual understanding as well as improvement in the issues of racism, gender equality and minority rights.
- United for Intercultural Action European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
- Youth Against Racism in Europe
- European Federation for Intercultural Learning
- Education without prejudice.A site about Diversity in Early Childhood, Education and Training. This site wants to help create a European network on anti-bias education in the early years.
It contains background information, events, training resources and discussion groups. Belgium and other countries.
- ECRI The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna in October 1993.