MIGRANTS/DIVERSITY ¤ HUMAN RIGHTS/REFUGEES ¤ ROMA, SINTI & TRAVELLERS
GAY&LESBIAN RESOURCES ¤ MISC./REGIONAL
- Association for Integration of Refugees and Migrants (AIRM) The Association for integration of refugees and migrants is a legal entity registered on 22 July 2004 as a civil initiative under the Law for non-profit legal entities. It operates as a non-profit, non-political organization, for the promotion of social and cultural integration of recognized refugees and migrants. In Bulgarian and English.
- Bulgarian NGO Resource Center Foundation Promoting the sustainable development of the Third Sector in Bulgaria through support of the NGO's and their activity. Goal: Sustainability of the non-governmental sector and assistance for the development and consolidation of the civil society in Bulgaria and the open society values.
Roma, Sinti & Travellers
- Stacia Spragg: The Dream. A photographic essay among the Chergari Gypsies in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
- Roma Together Our organization is a first non governmental Roma organization created in the Municipality of Polski Trambesh. Our mission is to initiate changes in public policies towards Roma minority, implement concrete actions in defending Roma minority rights and act as a mediator between the Roma communities and local and central levels of the Government administration to assure adequate and efficient rights based policies towards Roma and protection and fulfilment of their rights.
Gay & Lesbian Resources
- Bulgarian Gay Organisation "Gemini" Our organisation was created for your benefit, not only because out motto is "Trust and help", but also because this what the real gay community should be - integrated and united, if we want to change the world we live in to a more tolerant, more humane world...
On this and the other pages we hope that you will find practical as well as pleasant things. We will try to give everyone, regardless of sex, age, sexual orientation and social status, answers to the questions that interest him/her the most. That is why, if you cannot find something on our pages - write to us immediately! We will try to give you the information you need as soon as we can.
The organization was founded in 1992 by a gay couple. Both were HIV+ and when one of them died, in the years to follow Gemini suspended its activity and nearly vanished. It wasn't until 1998 when the surviving founder and a handful of enthusiasts started reviving the organization's activity. They began a struggle against the bureaucratic machine of the Bulgarian government in the (post-communist) conditions of severe economic crisis.
- Idealist Organizations in Bulgaria. Idealist allows organizations - whether they have a Website or not - to enter and update information about their services, volunteer opportunities, job openings, internships, upcoming events, and any material or publication they have produced.
- ECMI The European Centre for Minority Issues is a non-partisan, bi-national institution founded in 1996 by the Governments of the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, and the German State of Schleswig-Holstein. The three founders are represented by the Danish Ministry of Research and Information Technology, the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, and the Schleswig-Holstein Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Cultural Affairs.
- ECRI The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna in October 1993.
- The Virtual Library of Ethnic Relations in CEE. This virtual library consist of internet resources and web sites which contain information concerning ethnic and national minorities in CEE and NIS. The aim of this virtual library is to provide researchers, right advocates and professionals involved in policy making and design for multiethnic communities in the region with guidance in access to information available on the Internet. (English, Russian)
- United for Intercultural Action European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
- Youth Against Racism in Europe